A masterplanning exercise has taken into consideration the overarching vision of the partners of Nutfield Green Park and the opportunities and constraints that exist within the site. In a holistic way the Partners have sought a subtle blend between the built environment of homes, the Rehabilitation and Respite Care Facility, Extra Care Apartments, the Wellbeing Centre and Activity Park whilst retaining the green space and connection to nature that is an underlying characteristic of this development.
The development accords with many of the key characteristics that are a requirement of Garden Villages and can demonstrate a high level of community benefit.
The required characteristics of a Garden Village is that the development has:
- A strong vision.
- Community benefits.
- Beautifully and imaginatively designed homes with gardens, to create a healthy, vibrant community.
- Mixed homes and housing types that include affordable housing.
- A wide range of local jobs.
- Strong cultural, recreational and shopping facilities in walkable, sociable communities.
- Development that enhances the natural environment, providing net biodiversity gains and using zero-carbon and energy-positive technology to ensure climate resilience.
- Integrated and accessible transport systems, with walking, cycling and public transport designed to be the most attractive forms of local transport.
- Long term stewardship.
These ambitions are all delivered in the masterplan for Nutfield Green Park.
You can read more about the vision for the development on the main website as well as details of the homes, the Rehabilitation and Respite Care Facility, Extra Care Apartments, the Wellbeing Centre and Activity Park.
Take time to see our flythrough of the development by following the link on the website homepage.